Do you want to learn how to share a printer in Windows 10? You can wirelessly connect more than one computers with a single printer through Windows 10. The procedure is also extremely simple and involves only a few steps.
You can connect the printer with only one PC and share it over a network. The other computers on the network can print wirelessly as long as the main PC remains connected with the printer. You do not have to set up a printer for every computer. It can be an invaluable asset for your office as it helps you save a lot of time and effort.
How Do I Share a Printer in Windows 10
The following are the steps you have to take to share a printer over a network using Windows 10. Keep in mind that Windows 10 has a built-in method to share printers. Therefore, you don’t need any special technical knowledge or software to accomplish the task. You just have to ensure that your printer is turned on and connected with at least one computer.
So, let us start sharing our printer without wasting any more time.
- Type “Printers and Scanners” in the Start Menu.
- Press the Enter key when you see the “Printers and Scanners” settings page.
- Now, you will see a list of the connected printers. Select the one you want to share and then click on “Manage.”
- Click on “Printer Properties.”
- Now, click on the “Sharing” tab.
- Click on the “Share this printer” box.
- Optionally, you can also edit the printer’s name. Other users on the network will identify the printer with this name.
- Always keep the “Render print jobs on client computers” box checked.
- Now click “OK.”
You have successfully shared a printer on Windows 10. Users who want to use the printer on the network can also access it through “Printers and Scanners” in the Start menu. Just click on “Add a Printer or Scanner” and find the printer from the list.